Terms & Conditions
© 2013 Flag Clothing Ltd, T/A Richard James All Rights Reserved. Registered office: 75 Weston Street, London, SE1 3RS Company registration number 7675804
Setup, Programming and Consulting
quality work | clever.simple.efficient.
Welcome to richardjames.co.uk
By accessing this website you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this website. The www.richardjames.co.uk website is provided solely for your personal use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose.
References in these Terms and Conditions to "we", "us" and "Richard James" are to Richard James Commerce Ltd, T/A Richard James, 29 Savile Row, London W1S 2EY. Registered in England No. 7675804
- Online Shopping
- Every care has been taken to ensure that the photographic representation, description and specification of each product are accurate. However, while the reproduction of colours is a close representation, a slight variation in the actual goods may occur. We are therefore unable to guarantee that the product images you see are an accurate representation of the actual merchandise. Before you place an order you should read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information about your order.
- By submitting an order to us through our website, you declare that the payment details provided on your order are valid and correct, and that when your order is accepted and processed by us, payment will be made in full. By placing an order you confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing details.
- Visitors under the age of 18 should not register with this website or submit any information to us.
- Acceptance of your Order
- Non-acceptance of online order may be a result of one of the following:
-Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
-The identification of a pricing or product description error
-Failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions
- Online Order Procedure
- Acceptance of an order placed by you online and the completion of the contract between you and Richard James will take place when your order is dispatched, unless you have cancelled the order in accordance with the Order Cancellation instructions set out below.
- When an order is placed, we request pre-authorisation for the value of the order from your bank/card issuer to ensure that the funds are available. However, this remains simply a pre-authorisation request until the order is shipped, at which point we actually take payment.
We have found that some card companies show the initial request and the later charge as two separate entries, please be assured that we only charge your card once and that any 'second' charge is only temporary and will shortly disappear.
If you have any further queries, please contact your bank/card issuer.
- Order Cancellation
- If you are based in the EU, under the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000 (DSRs), you have the right to cancel your order with us, provided you notify us within seven working days of receipt.
- We recommend that you insure the return shipment as you are liable for damage to them until we receive them at our warehouse. We also recommend that you use a secure, trackable means to return your order to us at Richard James, K1, Southwell Road, Horsham St Faith, Norwich, NR10 3JU, UK, and that you retain proof of sending, in case of a dispute. Please note that you must cover the cost of the return shipment, as our free return service does not apply to orders cancelled under the Distance Selling Regulations.
- All items must be returned unused, in their original condition and from the country that the order was delivered to.
- We will refund the full value of your order, including shipping costs, within 30 days of receiving your notice of contract cancellation provided that the cancelled order being received at our warehouse.
Please note you may only use your right to cancel the order under the DSRs if you give us formal notice of cancellation within seven working days of receiving the order, as described above.
- Unwanted, faulty, and incorrectly supplied goods may be returned for a refund. We offer free returns and exchanges service. Please let us know your intention of returns/exchanges within seven days of receiving your order Please return item(s) in their original condition, unused (with their original packaging), with all labels and garment tags still attached within 21 days of receiving your order.
- Please ensure you return the goods to us in their original packaging. The goods are second hand without the packaging and we may not be able to exchange them. You can take the goods out of the packaging to try them, but don't throw it away and please return it with your goods.
- Refunds will be made for the original purchase amount against the original form of tender. Please note that the original shipping fee will be the customer's responsibility. We offer a complimentary Royal Mail Return service for the returns. If you exchange the same item for a different size it will be shipped free of charge. However, if you wish to exchange the item for different style, we suggest that you return it and purchase the new item separately.
- Any free promotional gift issued with an order must also be returned if you are returning those goods.
- None of the above terms affect your statutory rights or your rights under the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000 when goods are faulty or incorrectly supplied.
- All returns should be sent to: Richard James, K1, Southwell Road, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, NR10 3JU, UK using Royal Mail Pre-paid labels. You are also very welcome to return items to our Savile Row shop where we can help you personally. However the refund and exchange will be through our online customer care team. (Shop: 29 Savile Row, London, W1S 2EY Tel: 020 7434 0605)
If you would like to discuss the return of any item, or have any further questions about our returns policy please contact a member of our Richard James Customer Care Team: 020 7434 0203 (UK only) or +44 20 7434 0203 (outside UK). Lines are open Monday to Friday 10am - 6pm (UK time). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Methods
- We only accept payment for orders in £ sterling.
- We accept payment by American Express, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa and Visa Debit.
- If you choose to pay for an item using a credit/debit card with a foreign currency denominated account, the payment will still be taken in £ sterling at the conversion rate applied by the relevant payment scheme at the time of processing your order.
- Excepting cases of fraudulence or negligence, we will not be liable to you for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to the personal and transactional information you provide us when placing an order.
- Pricing Policy
- All prices shown on the website are in £ sterling and are inclusive of VAT, where applicable. Prices may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time.
- Although we try to ensure all our prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you, we may treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
- Delivery Information
- Shipping Methods and Costs
|United Kingdom||Addison Lee||£5.00||1-2 working days|
|Europe||Courier||£25.00||3-5 working days|
|USA||Courier||£35.00||3-5 working days|
|Rest of the World||Courier||£45.00||3-5 working days|
The delivery time will be between 9am – 5pm, for outside of London and international deliveries, and between 12pm - 7pm for the same day London delivery.
With a London delivery, Addison Lee will leave a calling card and also contact the receiver, if the receiver is not precent. The parcel will go back to the depo, until contact is made and a new delivery arranged.
With outside London and international (overnight service), the courier service which is used (this will vary according to the destination) will leave a calling card for the customer to call and arrange a new delivery.
- VAT and Import Duty
By default, product prices are UK VAT inclusive until you proceed to purchase your order. Please note that UK VAT will only be applied to orders dispatched within the United Kingdom & EU. If an outside EU destination is selected, product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties.
Any customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel. Policies vary from country to country, so you might like to check your local customs office for more information. Richard James cannot be held accountable for delays in customs clearance.
- Privacy and Communications
- To fulfill our obligations to you under these terms and conditions we communicate with you by email and by posting notices on the website. You agree to receive communications from us in this way and that said electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement for our Privacy and Communications notifications to be in writing.
Please contact the Richard James Customer Care Team in the event of any queries: 020 7434 0203 (UK only) or +44 20 7434 0203 (outside UK).?Lines are open Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm (UK time). Email: email@example.com
- Our Details
Richard James Commerce Ltd, T/A Richard James,29 Savile Row, London W1S 2EY Registered in England No. 7675804 VAT No.: 115758015