A little bit of umbrella etiquette to go with our new hand-made faze umbrellas (they also come with an orange lining), which are now available at the Savile Row and online stores:
1. To avoid clashing when two umbrella carriers meet, the taller man (or woman) should raise their umbrella, not shift or drop it to the side.
2. Check left, right, ahead and behind (think driving) when opening your umbrella.
3. Likewise closing it.
4. Do not put your wet umbrella on the seat next to you if travelling by public transport. Please.
5. Carry your furled umbrella as you would a walking stick, don’t tuck it under your arm.
6. Stand your umbrella up to dry in a place where people are not going to slip on the puddle of water it will deposit and break bones.
7. Don’t hog. Umbrellas can be shared.
8. Golf umbrellas possibly work best for golf.